Nurses services include Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Services, Home Health Aid/Companion.
CHHC Licensed Vocational Nurses Services Include:
- Initial and ongoing skilled assessment with teaching and management about the disease process.
- Medication teaching including the administration of injections, intravenous (IV) and antibiotic therapy, oral medication monitoring and instructions.
- Provide direct care of wounds, decubitus, and ostomy (including dressing changes).
- Diabetic management including education on diet, short and long term care needs, control and preventive measures with possible complications.
- Urinary catheter insertion, changes, and irrigation.
- Care of gastrostomy, jejunotomy, and nasogastric tubes.
- Pain management and lab specimen collection.
Registered physical therapists provide services which include:
- Initial and ongoing evaluations related to – motor dysfunctions, muscle strength, endurance, mobility, walking ability, range of motion and joint disorders.
- Build strength and improve mobility and home safety.
- Functional mobility
- Reduce muscle tremors, spasticity and joint stiffness.
- Use of medical equipment such as walker, canes patient lifts, wheelchairs and prosthetic. Also training for safe transfer, ambulation and activities of living.
- Proper body mechanics to reduce injury and pain.
- Ultrasound, heat and cold therapy and to reduce pain.
- Home exercise programs designed for individual use
- Fall risk reduction, through balance training and recommendations on safety
Registered occupational therapists include:
- Initial and ongoing evaluations related to – self-care abilities, upper body strength, mobility, daily living skills, adaptive equipment needs and use of coordination, balance and perceptual-motor abilities.
- Pain assessment and management
- Bathing, dressing, grooming
- Energy conservation exercises.
- Self-care ability improvement.
- Home Safety
- Grooming and bathing skills improvement.
- Splinting and muscle re-education and deformity correction and minimization.
Licensed Speech Therapists and Pathologists provide services, which include:
- Initial and ongoing assessments, interventions, hearing impairment, neurological disorders, stuttering, swallowing difficulties and comprehension ability impairments.
- Communication techniques.
- Adaptive speech devices
- Patient education
- Eating and swallowing techniques
Medical Social Services
Medical Social Workers provide services to include:
- Help and support to patient, family and caregivers in social and emotional problems.
- Case Management
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support to cope with problems relating to patient’s illiness
- Support and assistance in legal and financial concerns (Durable Power of Attorney, DNR, and Living Will)
- Identify and provide community resources.
- Use of short and long-term counseling with crisis intervention.
- Short and long-term health care planning including benefit and insurance.
Home Health Aid/Companion
Provides services which include:
- Light Personal Care which includes monitoring of bathing, dressing and grooming, and medication reminders.
- Daily Errands & Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Companionship and conversation including reading together, games and puzzles, cooking together and watching TV
- Pet Care
- Matching the appropriate caregiver
- Daily routines
- Health and medication issues
- Emergency response
- Transportation needs
Take A Step Toward Your Future With Our 75 Hour Recruitment Program
Community Home Health Care was established in 2008 with the goal of providing excellent quality care to those in need of our services. We have grown substantially since then and added additional services for our patients. We are always looking for new and exciting opportunities to improve our company and quality of life for our clients.
It is the passion for our clients and community that drives us to create our exclusive 75 Hour Recruitment Program. This is a rigorous 2 week course that covers everything from textbook curriculum to hands on certification training. It is so important to our company to only hire certified Home Health Aides for the safety of our employees and our clients. This program allows an individual will little to no experience to achieve their certification and take the next step into the exciting field of Home Health Care. This course is free of charge to anyone who completes the class requirements and becomes employed at Community Home Health Care.
To apply for our next class, please click here and fill out our online application. Once submitted please call our office within 3 business days to schedule your class dates.